Verbs DEMYSTIFIED & Other Important Beginner Topics!
This course addresses major topics in Spanish for beginners learners who need to refresh conversation basics such as gender, verb conjugation, questions such as ser, estar, tener, hacer, and ir. The course reviews the basics but quickly addresses topics of application in daily conversations.
Emphasis of the course is the verb and how it works in basic sentences structures. Students will learn when to use the infinitive, and not to over-conjugate in order to create sentences with more depth and variety.
- Expressing where one is going and purpose
- Expressing future events with ir a infinitive
- Recognizing when to use the infinitive vs. gerund
- Telling time and talking about when an event will take place
- Meeting others and making introductions
- Describing self and body
- Basic medical questions
- Learning to ask where something is and how to get there
Verb Conjugation Overview and Review
Students will learn the basics of present tense verb conjugation. The goal of this lesson is to introduce students to these major concepts. These ideas will be continually reinforced throughout he semester.
- subject pronouns
- regular -ar, -er, and -ir verb endings
- the terms person and number
- 1st, 2nd, and third persons singular and plural
Students will be assessed on
- What conjugation is
- Present tense -ar/-er/-ir endings
- -ar verb vocabulary and meanings
- How to form -ar verb conjugations (application)
Students will learn to conjugate -ar verbs.
They will be able to:
- Identify the subject for each verb conjugation
- Conjugate regular verbs in the present tense
- Identify an infinitive
In this lesson students will concentrate on learning the meanings of regular -ar, -er, and -ir verbs. They will be conjugated according to the subject.
Beginner Review Quick Lessons
Students will learn:
- All conjugations of the verb ir
- Contractions al and del
- Places around town
This lesson emphasizes using verbs in natural speech. The lesson contains a review summary about regular verb conjugation.
Students will learn:
- Full conjugation of the verb hacer
- New words and phrases for making more dynamic and fluid sentences
Students will practice
- Listening to verbs and vocabulary in context
- Speaking and using new phrases in sentences
- Writing and listening comprehension
- Using context clues to put paragraphs together
Students will learn parts of the body, and how to describe the body with tener.
- This lesson includes:
- Quizlet practices and Speak the Word activities.
Using Ser and Tener to Describe Yourself and Others
Students will learn a several expressions related to ser and they will learn to ask people what they are like and what they look like.
They will learn the complete present tense (indicative) conjugations of ser.
Students will review the applications of ser and estar.
Students will be able to express their age with tener.